Our company has continuous focus in the areas of energy efficieny, fuel consumption, flare loss & Furnace/Boiler performance. Various energy conservation measures & margin improvement measures have been initiated/implemented. In recognition of efforts to minimise energy consumption, CPCL has been adjudged the winner for “Boilers and Furnace Efficiency” by CHT, MoPNG at Refinery Tech. Meet held on April 2017 . Some of the salient energy conservation measures implemented are as follows:
- Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) unit revamp from 6 bed 8 bed to recover Hydrogen from Refinery off gases
- Pinch technology adoption in Propane De-asphalting Unit for pre-heat Improvement in Lube Aromatic Extraction unit.
- Installation of Hot Separator in Diesel Hydro-Desulphurisation unit (DHDS)
- Routing of Impure Hydrogen (Net gas) to Diesel Hydro-treating unit (DHDT)
- Replacement of Crude Distillation Unit-II Air Preheater
- Optimization of Stripping steam in Diesel Stripper by replacing valve trays with high capacity trays in DHDT unit.
- Routing of ISOM unit Naphtha stream (C7+) to CCR as hot feed enabled preheat improvement.
- Installation of small size control valve for fine control of Hydrogen flow was implemented to minimize flaring.
- Interconnection of Fuel Gas network between two refinery blocks was enhanced hydraulically to minimize flaring.
- Optimization of steam consumption by carrying out amine interconnection between two Amine Regeneration units.
- Improved heat recovery from CCR unit’s OBSG.
- Routing of Crude unit Stabilizer off gases to FCCU Wet gas compressor to recover LPG.
- Feed stream optimization was done for HGU Reformer feed from OHCU, CCRU and ISOM units thereby reducing energy consumption in PDS unit operation.